Friday, September 01, 2006

Second Careers

We've all heard about artists starting second careers when the animation industry hits a downdraft: background painters become store clerks, designers become nurses, writers turn into high school teachers. But here's an interesting tale about a long-time animation inker who's found a whole new way to go... Lee Guttman was born in Chemnitz Germany, but she's lived in L.A. for a long time. She joined the Animation Guild almost at its inception, and worked at every studio in town for decades. Warner Bros., Disney, UPA, Melendez, she contributed skilled labor to them all. In the mid-nineties, she decided to hang up brushes and pens and call it a career. But now, ten years later, Ms. Guttman is climbing new mountains. Seems like a fine new line of work to us...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was HILARIOUS! Lee must have been a kick to work with.

"I don't rock!" is my new manta.

Kevin

Chris said...

Crazy! I ran into Lee when I worked at a retail store in Burbank a few years ago. She was totally sassy but real sweet. I think at the time she said she was doing tours at Watner Bros. She even did a little sketch for me so I would remember her.

David Germain said...

I clean up a McDonalds at night while I'm "inbetween" animation jobs.

qatsel said...

R10'nun geçen aylarda başlatıp Adtech'in sponsor olduğu adtech ile reklam 2.0 dönemi başlıyor ve Trkycmhrytllbtpydrklcktr r10.net seo yarışması sitesi. / Tamamen ücretsiz her alanda ödev sitemiz..
Seo adına en güzel makaleler adtech ile reklam 2.0 dönemi başlıyor ve Trkycmhrytllbtpydrklcktr r10.net seo yarışması sayfası.. Toplistimize anında site ekle yin..
Yarisma sitemize bekleriz..f

Unknown said...

I clean up a McDonalds at night while I'm "in between" animation jobs.

Resume Writing Services

Unknown said...

You're right when saying that background painters often become store clerks or journalists, designers become nurses, writers turn into high school teachers. People are trying to "find themselves" in this world! Best regards, http://custom-writing.services/

Site Meter