Thursday, October 02, 2008

Panda Rides Again

Here's a surprise:

DreamWorks Animation is moving forward with a "Kung Fu Panda" sequel, slotted for release on June 3, 2011 ...

I only put this non-shocker up because a couple of months back, I made a passing reference to artists working on the new picture in a blog post. A week later I got a call from DreamWorks saying: "Uh, we haven't announced any new picture yet. You need to take that down."

Which I did. (And nobody noticed, because by then the post was a week old.) But now the sequel is "official," and I can note it without getting my fanny spanked.

So three cheers for KFP Deux.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pixar might want to put newt back to 2011 and Cars to summer 2012. Nobody blinked when Shrek 3 crushed Ratatouille at the box office, it was supposed to happen.

What happens when KFP Deux crushes Cars 2 by $100m+? It's going to be embarrassing. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shrek 2 or at least Finding Nemo-like numbers from KFP 2, it's been that popular.

Cars 2 on the other hand... not so much.

Site Meter